Jennifer Lawrence’s family summer camp damaged in ‘horrible fire’

Written by on November 30, 2020

Jennifer Lawrence wearing dress by Rosie Assoulin attends
Pacific Press/Getty Images

(Today) – The family of Jennifer Lawrence is devastated after a “horrible fire” on the grounds of the summer youth camp they run in Kentucky caused significant damage.

Camp Hi-Ho in Simpsonville, which lists the Oscar winner’s brother Blaine as the owner and director, announced in a Facebook post Saturday that a fire the previous night destroyed a barn on the property.

“It is with the heaviest of hearts that we confirm the news that we lost our barn last night in a horrible fire,” the camp leadership wrote in a statement. “We are deeply thankful that no people or animals were hurt, but we are still mourning the loss of years of hard work and memories that occurred in these walls. Words cannot describe the pain we are in, but we are so incredibly grateful for the Simpsonville Fire Department and all the other fire fighters who responded to our emergency. You are true heroes.”

It took nearly 30 firefighters and six trucks to bring enough water to put out the fire in the barn after Simpsonville Fire and Rescue got the call at 9 p.m. on Nov. 27, according to local news station WLKY.

The camp, which has been in operation for 34 years, remained open this past summer during the pandemic with six different sessions of groups of 10 campers ages 4 to 12, according to its website. The camp is outdoors and said it did not have any cases of coronavirus all summer.

Current track